About the journal
"Endodontology today" - the all-Russian scientific-practical quarterly magazine for dentists, is published by "Poly Media Press" publishing house since September 2001 in cooperation with the departments of Moscow State Medical and Dental University, First Moscow State Medical University named Sechenov, St.Petersburg State Medical University named Pavlov, St.Petersburg Medical Academy of Post-degree Education and other leading Russian scientific centers of dentistry and medicine.
Doctor of Medicine, the dentist of the highest category, the head of Department of therapeutic dentistry and endodontics of Post-degree education faculty of Moscow State Medical and Dental University, Dean of Dental faculty of Moscow State Medical and Dental University.
Honored Scientist, Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of the Department Surgical Dentistry of St.Petersburg State Medical University named Pavlov
Dmitrieva L.A., Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of the Department of Dentistry of Post-degree education faculty of MSMSU
Solovieva A.M., Doctor of Medicine, Professor SPbMAPO, Chief Advisor in Dentistry of Administration of President of the Russian Federation, Head of the Department of Dentistry of Scientific-Educational Center of Administration of President of the RF
Makeyev I.M., Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of the Department of Dentistry of First Moscow State Medical University named Sechenov
Zayratyants O.V., Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of the Department of Pathology of Moscow State Medical and Dental University
Tsarev V.N., Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of the Department of Microbiology, Virology, Immunology, Moscow State Medical and Dental University
Orekhova L.J., Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of the Department of Dentistry of St.Petersburg State Medical University named Pavlov
Ivanova E.V., Doctor of Medicine, Department of Dentistry of Russian Medical Academy of Post-degree Education
Petrikas A.G., Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of the Department of Dentistry Tver State Medical Academy
Alyamovsky V.V., Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of the Department of Dentistry of Post-degree Education Institute, Head of the Institute of Dentistry of Krasnoyarsk State Medical Academy
Paul M.H. Dummer, BDS, MScD, PhD, Professor (UK)
Karl Behr, DMD (Germany)
Alison J.E. Qualtrough, BChD, MSc, PhD, FDS, MRD, RCS (Ed), Professor (UK)
Gunnar Bergenholtz, MSc, PhD, Professor (Sweden)
Catrin Ricci, DDS, PhD, Professor (France)
Skripnikova T.P., Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Ukrainian Medical and Dental Academy, Poltava, Ukraine
Format A4, periodicity 4 times a year, circulation 3000 copies, volume 80 pages, colour 1+1 (black&white) with color inserts
Journal of "Endodontology today" is for all those interested in the problems of endodontics. On the pages of this magazine you will find the work of foreign and domestic authors, both scientific and applied research, and literature reviews.
Among the regular columns of the journal: "The organization", "Original Articles", "International Review", "News of Endodontics", "Endodontics in the Internet", "Abstracts section."
Publishing house of "Poly Media Press"
Founder and Publisher: OOO " Poly Media Press"
Director - Natalia Adintsova
Finance Director - Grigory Adintsov
Design, layout - Evgeniya Greidenger
Electronic version - Roman Kholin
Distribution - Leonid Chernousov
Advertising - Victor Pozdneev (St.Petersburg), Blokhina Julia (Moscow)
Proofreader - Perfilyeva Catherine
Office Locations publisher "Poly Media Press":
115230, Moscow Varshavskoe shosse, d.46, Office 311
Phone: (495) 781-28-30, 969-07-25, (499) 678-21-61 (Moscow)
Phone: (906) 251-64-09 (St.Petersburg)
The procedure of review of the articles in scientific journal for dentists of "Endodontology today"
All articles received by the Editorial Board of the journal "Endodontology today" pass peer review.
1. The manuscript of a scientific article received by Editorial Board is considered by the Executive Secretary for compliance with the profile of the Journal and registered. Executive Secretary sends the article for review to one or, if necessary, to two reviewers.
2. To carry out the review of the manuscript reviewers may be engaged from members of the Editorial Board, or they can be other highly skilled professionals with profound knowledge and experience in a particular scientific field with a scientific rank not lower than Doctor of Science.
4. Reviewers are notified that the manuscripts sent to them are the private property of the authors, and the information inside is not subject to disclosure. Reviewers are not allowed to make copies of the articles for their needs. The review is conducted confidentially. Breach of confidentiality is only possible if the reviewer claim that the materials contained in the article are not true or subject to falsification. Professionals working in the same institution where the work is performed are not involved in reviewing.
5. The copies will be sent to the authors of the article at their request. The originals of the reviews are kept in the Editorial Board for 3 (three) years from the date of the article publication and can be provided to the Expert Board of Higher Attestation Commission (VAK) upon request.
6. We review all incoming materials in our magazine corresponding to their categories, for their expert evaluation. All reviewers are acknowledged experts on the subject of the reviewed materials and they have peer-reviewed articles on the subject for the last 3 years. All reviews are kept in our publishing house and editorial office within 5 years.
7. If in the review of the article there is an indication that it is to be revised/reworked, then the article is sent to the authors for revision. In this case the date of return of the modified article is considered the date of its receipt by Editorial Board.
8. Article sent to the authors for revision should be returned in modified form as soon as possible. The revised manuscript should be accompanied by a letter from the authors, containing the answers to all comments and explaining all the changes made in the article.
9. If an article by the recommendation of the reviewer has undergone substantial changes, it is sent for secondary review to the same reviewer who made critical remarks.
10. The editors reserve the right to reject the article in case of the author's inability or unwillingness to take into account the wishes of the Editorial Board.
11. In case of getting the negative reviews to the manuscript from two different reviewers, or one negative review of its revised version, the article is rejected without review by other members of the Editorial Board.
12. In case of disagreement with the opinion of the reviewer the author has the right to give a reasoned response to the Journal. The article can be sent to a secondary review or to the Editorial Board for approval.
13. After reviewing the decision whether the material is subject to publish is taken by the Chief Editor of the Journal, or, if necessary, by the Editorial Board.
14. The Executive Secretary informs the author about the taken decision.
15. All reviews for the articles of the journal of "Endodontology today" are stored in the Editorial Board and Publishing House of «Poly Media Press» for 5 (five) years.
16. The maximum review period between the date of theh receipt of the the manuscript by the Editors and making the Editorial Board’s decision is 2 (two) months.
Rules applicable to the reviews of the scientific article
The task of peer review is to promote a strict selection of authors' manuscripts for publication and offering specific recommendations for their improvement.
The review should objectively assess the scientific article and to provide a comprehensive analysis of its scientific and methodological advantages and disadvantages.
The recommended volume of the reviews is up to 2 typed pages or nearly 5,000 characters (with spaces).
Requirements for the content of review of a scientific article
The reviewer should:
1. To determine a compliance of the material presented in the article with the profile of the Journal.
2. To assess the relevance of the content of the article: whether the level of the material compared with the modern achievements of science and technology.
3. To assess the significance of the results of research (scientific, practical).
4. To specify how the material of the article meets the requirements: volume of the article, the abstracts in Russian and English, the bibliography and references to it in the text, and others.
5. To give a qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation of the material presented in the article:
6. To assess the completeness and accuracy of the data presented.
7.To assess the accuracy and used (or newly entered) definitions and wordings.
8. To assess the literary style of the material.
9. To give sound conclusions about the article as a whole, notes, and, if necessary, recommendations for its improvement.
The complex of specified issues is general in nature. Each article requires an individual approach to the selection criteria for its evaluation.
The final section of the review resulted of the analysis of the article should contain a clear recommendation to its publication: whether it should be published in the original form, or it needs revision or reworking (with constructive remarks), or it’s publication in the Journal is unreasonable.
Prof. A.V. Mitronin